Hey there! It is “Choose Day,” and I am so delighted to share yet another delicious and refreshing drink that you can make to cool you down throughout the long hot summer days that are fast approaching. Not only that, but these juices are super nutritious and have significant nutritional and health benefits.
Beets are rich in color as you can see in the image provided. I remember the first time that I drank a glass of freshly juiced beets the taste was so rich and thick with just enough sweetness. At some point, I went to the bathroom and everything was red and I flipped out initially. It was after I gathered my senses that I remembered that I had drank it.
So as a precaution, your urine and stools may turn red or pinkish after eating beets as a result of a condition known as beeturia which is harmless. However, it may be startling if you don’t expect it.
Beets help to:
1. Lower blood pressure
2. Improves exercise endurance
3. Improve muscle power in people with heart failure
4. May slow progression of dementia
5. It helps to maintain a healthy weight
6. May lower high cholesterol such as LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides and increase HDL (happy cholesterol)
7. May prevent cancer
8. Good source of potassium
9. Good source of other minerals (iron, magnesium, sodium, zinc, copper, selenium)
10. Beets are a good source of folate, a B vitamin that helps prevent neural tube defects (spina bifida).
Now that you are aware of beet juice’s added nutritional and health benefits, go ahead and make it a part of your diet.
Be Bless and stay safe and healthy.
Leave a Reply